Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
While physical distancing is in effect, staff will troubleshoot issues over the phone or while behind the acrylic screen at the Service Counter.
If the information on this page doesn't help you resolve the issue, report the issue here. Note: Do not use Internet Explorer to access the form.
Known Issues Tips & Tricks - Software
For Real time to work in Anatomy TV, it has to run in Chrome with certain settings applied. The shortcut in the start menu that directs Chrome to launch Anatomy TV, with those settings.
If people are already using Chrome, when they launch Anatomy.TV, Chrome does not launch fresh with the extra settings applied. It just opens Anatomy.tv with the regular Chrome settings, and Real Time won't work.
Close out of Chrome and launch Anatomy TV fresh from the start menu. If Real Time doesn’t work, it’s possible that Chrome has not fully closed and restarted. IT recommends closing Chrome from the task manager, then launch Anatomy TV fresh from the start menu.
Close Chrome from Task Manager:
- Right click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen
- Click Start Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab
- Click on Chrome and then click End task.
- Launch Anatomy.tv from the start menu shortcut.
Converting Mac Files to Word Doc
Got a student with a file such as a Pages file, created on a Mac that won't open? Show them how to convert it using the instructions below:
- Go to http://www.zamzar.com/ You don't need to create an account, register or download software. They'll convert the file and email you steps to download your converted file.
- Click on the link in the email and download your file.
Note: Ideally, if a student thinks they will be using a Mac file on a windows computer they should save it on their Mac as a doc file or other compatible windows file type so they can open it on a Windows computer.
Menu bar Internet Explorer
In IE, the toolbar with the top menu bar containing file edit, view, print etc. is not included as a default.
if a student is in IE and needs access to these menu options, press the ALT key and the toolbar will appear.
Maple Software - How to print
You must export as PDF in order to print:
Export as Portable Document Format (PDF)
A Maple worksheet exported as PDF file can be opened in a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. The PDF document is formatted as it would appear if the Maple worksheet were printed using the active printer setting.
- Images, plots, and embedded components may be resized in teh PDF file.
- You can export text in a graphical form (suitable for publication) or as text with the appropriate font specification, which offers smaller file size when using a PDF reader that supports that feature.
You can access this option in the Export tab of the Options dialog. See Options>export, windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Open the worksheet you want to export.
- From the file menu, select Export As. The Export As dialog opens.
- Select PDF as a file type.
- Specify a path and folder for the file.
- Enter a filename.
- Click Save.
Free for current KPU students: Download and install Office 365 on a PC, Mac, Iphone or Android.
MYITLab is accessed through Start/Programs.
- Inability to access printers
- Inability to download software on computers that the program requires.
If you encounter problems with MY ITLab, find out the exact problem with as much detail as possible and have the user call IT 604-599-2116 to report the problem.
Profile - How to Print
When Students print in Profile, instead of printing directly to the printers, the material they want to print is saved to a PDF file. Follow these instructions to print the PDF.
- Start Profile: you will automatically get the PDF driver as the only printing driver for Profile.
- When you are ready to print, close Profile and save your file on the desktop. The file will save automatically as a PDF.
- When you are ready to print, you'll be prompted for the PDF file name. Enter the file name which will be something like K:\desktop\taxreturn.pdf.
- Double click on the file to open, then send to print as usual.
IT has setup rules within the software that forces files to be saved as PDF. There have been problems where one server did not have the rule in place. This can mean that all printing can be held up at a campus. if this happens, please report it here.
How to Print Profile
Email notification is not enabled for this software. Students should fill out worksheets and hand them into their instructor.
Handouts are available in print in the Psych Labs in Richmond and Surrey and in the Learning Center at Langley.
They are also available online through the Psychology Dept.’s PsychSim website: http://www.kpu.ca/arts/psychology/psyc-lab/computer-simulation-exercises
If students are having problems accessing the software, you can also find a phone number on the website to refer students to
How to login to WebWHMIS
- All KPU students in Trades, Horticulture, Brewing, Sciences and Interior Design must be familiar with WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Material Information System).
- The test can be taken at the Assessment Centre in Cloverdale or it can be done at any computer within the libraries in Cloverdale, Richmond, Surrey and Langley.
Please follow the steps below to access the test. You MUST know your student number to register and be sure to enter your information correctly.
- Log into the computer with your Username and Password.
- Go to the library homepage and click on Research Databases.
- In the search box, type WHMIS and hit Enter.
- Click the link to enter the program.
- Click on the yellow login button, located on the top left side
Enter the following information:
- Company Number =1465
- Personal LoginID = your Student #
- Personal Password = your First and Last Name all as one word lower case.
- Click Login
- Click the button that says:
- Click Create New Account
- Enter in this Information:
Company LoginID = KPU2020
Company Password = KPU2020
- Enter in Personal Information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- LoginID = your Student #
- Password = your First and Last Name all as one word
- Location: Pull down menu and select your courses ie: (Trades, Horticulture, Brewing, Sciences and Interior Design)
- Department Name: Pull down menu and select your program ie: Electrical
- Job Titles: Pull down menu and select Student
- Entering your email address: You MUST enter an email address (this is NOT optional)
- Click Create Account
- Left hand side: Click the Arrow under the word Launch
- Once you have clicked Launch you will be brought to the Whmis Main Menu. Click on Module 1 and then on right side click Section 1 or Module 1, then Section 2… etc.
Printing: Once you have completed the Final Quiz and you have received a grade of 80% or higher (lower than 80% is a fail, and you must rewrite the quiz) you have the option of printing your information.
To print the information:
- Right click on the page, select Print,
- then click ok when the printer information appears.
Information on Employee Whmis training can be found at KPU's WHMIS SharePoint site
Still having trouble? Report it here